1. Description of Contest
Through a hands-on learning experience, students can nominate featured landmarks in their communities to become game locations in digital games developed by Niantic, Inc. (“Niantic”), including, but not limited to, Pokémon GO.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Nintendo Co., Ltd. or The Pokémon Company.
The Contest is administered by U.S. Fund for UNICEF, doing business as UNICEF USA, with offices located at 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038 (hereinafter “UNICEF USA”) (sometimes referred to as “Administrator”).
UNICEF Kid Power is a program of UNICEF USA. Any questions, comments or complaints should be directed to UNICEF USA.
UNICEF USA is solely responsible for all aspects of the administration of the Contest and shall administer the Contest in compliance with all applicable laws.
- The Contest is open to educators in grades 2 to 8 who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- Employees, directors, officers, or agents of UNICEF USA or Niantic or their respective affiliated entities, and immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, stepchildren, stepparents, and siblings) of the foregoing individuals, and individuals living in the same household of the foregoing individuals are not eligible to enter or win.
4. How to Enter
To enter the Contest, submit the locations and related content developed by your students pursuant to the “Create your own PokeStop” activity to UNICEF USA through the UNICEF Kid Power Dashboard https://kpop.ukp.io. Alternatively, you can email the locations and related content directly to UNICEF USA at [email protected] (each method is an “entry”). UNICEF USA will only consider locations and content developed by students in grades 2 through 8 for inclusion in the contest.
All entries must be submitted between Monday, October 22, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and Friday, March 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before the Contest was posted will be considered.
UNICEF USA reserves the right to determine inappropriate content, such as violence, hate speech, defamation, or pornography, and if any content is deemed by UNICEF USA to be inappropriate, the entry will be rejected and not eligible to participate in the contest.
You are responsible for any content that you submit, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
A DONATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES.
Four (4) winners will each have one randomly selected location submitted with his or her entry become a featured landmark in digital games developed by Niantic, including, but not limited to, Pokémon GO.
6. Winner Selection
Four (4) entrants will be selected at random onMarch 1, 2019 from the eligible entries submitted during the Entry Period. One (1) location submitted by each winner will be selected at random on the same date.
Winners will be notified by email on or about March 15, 2019. The winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release. Niantic will add each winner’s selected location to its game location database by March 31, 2019. Subject to winner verification, the decisions of the Administrator are final.
7. Additional Terms and Conditions
- Entrants agree that personal data, including name, may be used by the Administrator to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Administrator by writing to UNICEF USA, Attention: Niantic Landmark Creation, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
- Entry constitutes agreement with all of the foregoing rules and terms, and also constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, likeness, statements, quotes, testimonials, photographs, school name, grade level, and name of hometown for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting of such information, on UNICEF USA’s websites, except where prohibited by law, without compensation to the winner. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in the entrant’s disqualification.
- The Administrator is not responsible for:
- Lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries;
- Telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; and
- Any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Administrator which may cause the submitting of entries or the awarding of the prize to be disrupted or impractical of being completed.
8. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if an event beyond Administrator’s reasonable control (including, but not limited to, natural disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any technical failures) impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. If Niantic is unable to fulfill the terms and conditions of this contest the Administrator shall not be held liable to the entrants.
Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. An individual may not enter on behalf of another individual or transfer his or her entry to another person. An individual may be required to show proof of ownership of his or her account used to enter the Contest.
9. Winner’s List
For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before June 30, 2019 to: UNICEF USA, Attention: Niantic Landmark Creation, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038.
10. Liability & Release
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Administrator and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and its advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including computers) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize; or (f) injury or damage based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (d) these Official Rules and all disputes shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New York City, New York, and each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of said courts and waives any objection thereto. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Winner assumes all liability for any Claims caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize by winner, and holds the Released Parties harmless from any and all such Claims.